There are around 5,000 black rhinos and less than 30 000 white rhinos left in Africa. In 2014 alone we lost over 10% of the population to poaching. Challenge4ACause is an annual mountain biking event that raises funds to protect the endangered species including remaining desert-adapted black rhinos in Damaraland, Namibia.
‘Londolozi’ means Protector of all living things. True to our values, we bring you a new frontier on the conservation offensive. The concept behind Challenge4aCause is simple: we invite customers, suppliers and staff members to participate, selecting 16 worthy riders from the pool of applications. The journey sees these lucky few negotiate 336 kilometers of the Damaraland desert – a region in Namibia renowned for its unforgiving terrain, low human population and the largest free-ranging desert-adapted black rhinos in Africa.
Challenge4ACause is more than a test of physical endurance; the driving force behind the initiative is a fierce loyalty to the cause. We also rely heavily on our philanthropic partners to help bolster the donations to a significant figure.
To raise R1 million for The Wildlife ACT Fund and the GWF. The Wildlife ACT Fund is focused on endangered species protection including the desert-adapted black rhinos of the Damaraland region, while the GWF promotes digital learning in rural communities throughout South Africa.
- Raised $ 1,4 million.
- Four digital learning centres opened.
- 1890 children and adults enrolled.
- Teacher training for teachers at Khumbulani.
Wildlife Act Fund
- 24 rhinos relocated.
- 350 camera traps set.
- 40 rhinos fitted with tracking transmitters.
- 14 satellite packs on vultures.
- 4646 hours spent teaching kids about conservation across 9 schools.
- Only 15 slots available
- To apply, email – email@example.com
- Specify whether you wish to be with the advanced or regular riders
- R50 000 per rider.
- Deposit of R15,000 payable on confirmation that there is a place available, with the balance of R35,000 payable before 25 May 2015