Londolozi is the home of the photographic safari and has long been recognised as a superb location for wildlife photography, specialising in the big cats. Incredible light, diverse scenery and a plethora of African wildlife set the stage for unsurpassed photographic theatre.
There are many ways to take advantage of this incredible location.
The Private Vehicle
For the photographic veteran, or anyone who is looking for privacy while on game drive, wanting a vehicle entirely to themselves.
A private safari vehicle can be reserved for individuals and families. A dedicated ranger and tracker team will focus on tailoring the safari experience around the guest’s specific needs and interests (e.g. birding, botany, big cats, photography etc.). This is ideal for experienced safari-goers or those who enjoy a little more privacy.
- One morning and one afternoon game drive per day
- A dedicated ranger and tracker team
The Londolozi Wildlife Photographic Workshop
Perfect for beginner and enthusiast photographers who are wanting to make photography the main focus of their safari. For this safari option, we will pair you with a photographic tutor who will assist you both in the field and in post-processing and editing.
Londolozi is known across the world as a destination which offers remarkable photographic wildlife opportunities and is the perfect place to learn and craft this incredible art form.
- A private safari vehicle
- A professional photographic tutor with advanced knowledge in:
- The camera & best settings
- Vehicle positioning
- Expertise in the use of light (especially low light conditions)
- Post processing & image organisation
- A dedicated ranger and tracker team focused on getting you into the best photographic positions possible
- Full access to the Londolozi Photography Studio for post-processing and editing.
- This safari type must be requested and booked prior to arrival
Rent photographic equipment
The Photographic Studio offers guests the chance to rent a multitude of professional level photographic bodies, lenses and accessories. Gone are the days of lugging heavy camera gear around the world. Now it’s as simple as pre-booking your gear and finding it ready for use upon your arrival at the lodge.
First-time photographers can also try out the latest telephoto lens and body setups by requesting the equipment at the lodge. If you want to capture a close-up of a leopard in a tree, a fish eagle in flight or zebras grooming each other, the photographic studio has the right lens to get you the perfect shot.
To view our available rental equipment – Click Here
The Photographic Studio
The Photographic Studio- on location at Londolozi- is very popular with Londolozi guests, who are able to direct and produce their own creative work. With tuition from a qualified Lightroom instructor, you can spend time between game drives editing and printing your best safari shots on wide-format canvas or high quality photo paper, along with the final edited shots on a memory stick.
Londolozi Photographic Studio at a Glance
- Open daily (booking required)
- Edit your images using Lightroom CC on the latest widescreen retina display iMacs - an incredible process that would enhance any wildlife photo
- Print your personal images onto wide-format canvas or photo paper
- Take your edited shots with you on a memory stick