The Londolozi photographic safari is where ancient wisdom, modern technology and nature converge.
Londolozi has long been recognised as a superb location for wildlife photography, specialising in the big cats. Incredible light, diverse scenery and a plethora of African wildlife set the stage for unsurpassed photographic theatre.
The Photographic Studio is very popular with Londolozi guests, who are able to direct and produce their own creative work. With tuition from a qualified ‘Light Room’ instructor, you can spend time between game drives editing and printing your best safari shots.
Rent photographic equipment
The Photographic Studio also offers guests the chance to rent a multitude of professional level photographic bodies, lenses and accessories. Gone are the days of lugging heavy camera gear around the world. Now it’s as simple as pre-booking your gear and finding it ready for use upon your arrival at the lodge.
First-time photographers can also try out the latest telephoto lens and body setups by requesting the equipment at the lodge. If you want to capture a close-up of a leopard in a tree, a fish eagle in flight or zebras grooming each other, the photographic studio has the right lens to get you the perfect shot.
To view our available rental equipment – Click Here
The Photographic Studio
Londolozi guests are warmly invited to visit our onsite Photographic Studio, where we offer one-on-one post-production tuition and the opportunity to print images on wide-format canvas.
Londolozi Photographic Studio at a Glance
• Open from 10:00am-4:00pm daily (booking required)
• All photographic equipment rentals can be pre-ordered and will be waiting in your suite upon arrival
• Edit your images on the latest widescreen retina display iMacs using Lightroom CC
• Print your personal images onto wide-format canvasses.
The private vehicle
A private safari vehicle can be reserved for individuals and families. A dedicated ranger and tracker team will focus on tailoring the safari experience around the guest’s specific needs and interests (e.g. birding, botany, big cats, etc.). This is ideal for experienced safari-goers or those who enjoy a little more privacy.
• One morning and one afternoon game drive per day
• A dedicated ranger and tracker team
The private land rover with photographic tutor
While most of our rangers have a natural flair for photography, several Londolozi rangers are highly regarded photographers in their own right. For this safari option, we will pair you with one of these ‘photographic rangers’ and also bring in a professional photographic guide to be your private instructor. Your guide will assist you both in the field and in post-processing and editing.
To guide a Photographic Safari at Londolozi, rangers need a minimum of five years’ guiding experience as well as a deep knowledge of all the latest digital and photographic technology and equipment. The specialist guide is required to be both a game ranger and photographic instructor and their mission is to facilitate and challenge guests in taking their dream shots of wildlife.
Londolozi is known across the world as a destination which offers remarkable photographic wildlife opportunities and is the perfect location to chart this new frontier in wildlife photography.
• A private safari vehicle customised for a photographic experience
• A professional photographic guide with specialist wildlife knowledge
• A dedicated ranger and tracker team focused on getting you into the best photographic positions possible
• Full access to the Londolozi media center for post-processing and editing. Two small canvasses (24cm x 36cm) are included and extra printing can be done at an additional cost
*The photographic safari experience is limited to four guests per vehicle and a minimum of two nights. This safari type should be booked prior to arrival.